EEO PUBLIC FILE REPORT
This Report covers full-time vacancy recruitment data for the period July 22, 2022 through July 28, 2023.
1) Employment Unit: Kirkman Broadcasting, Inc.
2) Unit Members (Stations and Communities of License): WQNT(AM), Charleston, SC
WQSC(AM), Charleston, SC
WTMZ(AM), Dorchester Terr.-Bre, SC
WTMZ(FM), McClellanville, SC
WJNI(FM), Ladson, SC
W253BW(FM) Charleston, SC
W271CP(FM) Charleston, SC
W221CI(FM) Goose Creek, SC
W234CV(FM) Charleston, SC
3) EEO Contact Information for Employment Unit:
Kirkman Broadcasting, Inc.
60 Markfield Drive Suite 4
Charleston, SC 29407 Telephone Number:
4) Full-Time Job Vacancies Filled by Each Station in the Employment Unit:
Job Title Recruitment Source Referring Hires
(a) Account Executive On File Resume
(b) Programming/Support On File Resume
Evette Underwood Hired July 2023 and Rachel Garrett (Sales Account executive Hired August 23’ also Anderson Dreyer (Sales and Programming Hired Full-time August 23rd)
5) List all Full-Time Job Vacancies Filled by Each Station in the Employment Unit:
Two (2) full-time job vacancies have been filled since July 22, 2022.
6) Total # of Interviewees Referred: For the period from July 23, 2022 through July 28, 2023, this Employment Unit interviewed four(3) persons for Account Executive.
7) Supplemental Recruitment Initiatives: 1 recruitment event. Charleston Black Expo
(a) Initiative: Participation in Events/Programs Sponsored by Educational Institutions. Related to Career Opportunities in Broadcasting: Trident Technical college Job fair in August of 2022.
Participation in 1 zoom employment panel and 2 in person. 1) Medi Community Resource Center Zoom. 2 Black Expo In person. 3) Explore Charleston Intership workshop.
Dates of participation in events: March 2023, April 2023, August 2023
(b) Initiative: Internship Program
In cooperation with the Broadcasting departments of the College of Charleston, Trident Tech, University of South Carolina, and Clemson University West Ashley and others, Kirkman has a operational internship program. Each Summer semester 1 and 2 students are chosen to receive training in all aspects of the Kirkman Broadcasting operation, including, sales, production, and programming. Kirkman promotes the program online, at career fairs, through contact at the schools. The interns receive course credit for their efforts.
Kirkman Interns February 2022 to July 2023
Anderson Dreyer University of South Carolina
Start: May 2022 – August 22
Anthony Mccutchen Jr. West Ashley High School
January 15th, 2023 – May 26th 2022
(e) Initiative: Mentoring Operation Manager Terry Base Speaking Engagement – August 16th,2023.
Explore Charleston’s ICEP Intern Cultural Enrichment Program. With students from 7 different Universities including HBCUs in South Carolina and Beyond.